Dear Los Cerros Families,
Los Cerros Academic Boosters invites you to make an impact for your student’s education! Middle school classes are bigger and workloads are more demanding. LCMS Academic Boosters recognize the value of individualized teaching and attention and welcome all families to join us in providing smaller class sizes for all students at Los Cerros.
Your donation to LCMS Academic Boosters will go directly, and exclusively, to class size reduction. The State of California does not provide funding for class size reduction in middle school. No one wants to see students in classes of 35 or greater; without your support, this will be a reality.
What does Los Cerros Academic Boosters do with your donations?
Working with the principal, we provide funds to purchase extra class sections. A section is defined as one class taught during one period. Class sections funded in previous years include Science, Math, Tech Arts, Spanish, Robotics, Forensic Science and Wheel – Debate/Presentation. These additional classes reduce student’s numbers across critical core classes such as History, Science, Math, Reading & Language Arts. This year the Academic Boosters’ goal is to fund 8 sections/electives. On average, it costs $15,500 to put a class in place and increase the personalized attention each student deserves.
We are respectfully requesting incoming 2014-15 families make a tax deductible donation of:
- $425 per student/ $750 per family;
- Our target is 100% participation at any level by our families so ANY donation is appreciated and will be enthusiastically appreciated.
- Donations can be made on-line or by sending a check with your student’s name and your contact information into the office, 968 Blemer Rd, Danville, CA 94526.
Thank you in advance for your generous contribution.
Your LCMS Academic Boosters Board
Tax ID: 68-0473831
Welcome to one of our newest electives
This class studies the application of scientific methods and processes as it supports the law. Our students are learning how scientists work in labs that analyze evidence, write reports, and testify in court as expert witness. To learn these skills students will use science to develop a hypothesis, conduct research, make observations, and form knowledgeable conclusions. This is a very hands-on, activity-based, collaborative class, and our students are learning skills that go far beyond the classroom.
Our students have the following to say about this class:
- “I like Forensics because it opens the door to a whole new world of Science that I wouldn’t have discovered. We’re doing fun projects like recreating faces from memory or pictures using computer software.”
- “In Forensics we get to do really fun activities like trying to figure out murder mysteries, using computer software and games to learn about solving crimes. Lastly I like the class because we learn about fingerprints by taking our own and teachers. Forensics is my favorite class.”
Your support of Boosters added eight classes at Los Cerros this year and keeps class sizes small. If there were not these additional classes our new electives, academics, and all classes would be overcrowded.
Thanks Boosters for all you do!
Science 8 and Forensics